Expert Water Commission Invitation to Make Submissions
EXPERT WATER COMMISSION INVITATION TO MAKE SUBMISSIONS
The Expert Water Commission was established by the Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government to advise upon the funding of domestic public water services in Ireland and improvements in water quality. In making its recommendations the Commission is required by its terms of reference to take into account:
- The maintenance and investment needs of the public water and waste water system on a short-, medium- and long-term basis;
- Proposals on how the national utility in State ownership would be able to borrow to invest in water infrastructure;
- The need to encourage water conservation, including through reviewing information campaigns on water conservation in other countries;
- Ireland’s domestic and international environmental standards and obligations;
- The role of the Regulator; and
- Submissions from interested parties.
The Commission is to report to a special Committee of the Oireachtas in November 2016.
REQUEST FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Commission wishes to invite interested parties to make submissions in writing on the future funding of domestic water services and improvement in water quality. Submissions should be concise, and should refer specifically to the Commission’s terms of reference and should focus on solutions.
Submissions should be sent by electronic means only to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received no later than 13.30 on 9th September 2016.