This one-day intensive Courtroom Skills training session is ideal for anyone who may be expected to give evidence in court in a professional capacity. Participants will learn about effective courtroom presentation and communication skills. Particular focus is placed on confidence building and assertive communication. Participants will have an opportunity to be examined in chief and cross-examined on a sample-case and receive one to one feedback. The class size will be limited to ensure focused, personal instruction.
Upon completion of this training, participants will:
- Have a practical understanding of what to expect of the day in court
- Have learned practical courtroom techniques
- Be able to express an opinion that the court will respect
- Give effective evidence in court
- Understand the basics of the rules of evidence
- Be aware of the approaches used in courts by lawyers and experts
The course will cover the following areas:
- Overview of civil litigation and rules of evidence
- Presenting evidence and effective communication under pressure
- Courtroom procedures with legal phases explained
- Practical application of court skills and evidence through cross-examination exercise
Sarah Reid LLB LLM BL will lead this one day course. Sarah is a practising barrister and law lecturer and offers a practical as well as academic understanding of the law in this area.
Dates, Venue and Fee
Date: The dates for the next course are to be confirmed. Please email email@example.com to receive notification of future dates for this training programme.
Venue: Institute of Public Administration
Fee: The cost of this course is €405 for Corporate Members of the Institute, €450 for others. Fee includes course material, lunch and refreshments.
This course can be tailored for in-house delivery over one or two days. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about customised training.
Bookings / Enquiries
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration
57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Tel: (01) 2403666/2403665 Fax: (01) 6689135
Apply Now (application form)