CIPD Foundation Diploma in Human Resource Practice
CIPD Foundation Diploma in Human Resource Practice, Key Facts:
- Successful completion leads to new CIPD Associate Professional level of Membership (Assoc CIPD)
- Diploma designed for those who have already completed the CIPD Certificate and who wish to expand their specialist Human Resource Management (HRM) knowledge combined with practical skills development
- Next course commencing September 2015
- Provides specialist HRM knowledge and skills for HR Professionals and Managers / Supervisors with HR responsibilities
- Blended learning approach includes attendance at three workshop units over three months, practical skills development, action learning sets and assignments (no examinations)
- Individual tutor assigned to each student to support them as they progress through the programme
- Fee of €800 per person includes attendance at all workshops, course materials and tutor support. CIPD fees are separate.
For Further Information see Course Overview below
The CIPD Foundation Level Diploma in HR Practice is designed for those who have already graduated or will graduate from the CIPD Foundation Level Certificate in HR Practice Programme. We are now offering participants on the IPA’s current foundation Certificate programme an opportunity to book their place on the Diploma Units commencing in September 2014.
The Diploma Units are designed for those who want to expand their specialist Human Resource Management (HRM) knowledge combined with practical skills development. Successful completion of the programme leads to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Foundation Diploma in HR Practice.
A key feature of the CIPD Foundation Level Diploma in HR Practice is that it is highly practical allowing participants ample opportunity to acquire and practice new skills. The programme is also designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map, with successful completion giving you the underpinning knowledge for the new CIPD Associate professional level of membership (Assoc CIPD). This is a new professional grade of membership recognising the skill, knowledge and approach needed to make a significant supporting contribution, and deliver excellent results in the workplace.
Programme Objectives and Content
The overall objective of these diploma programme units is to help participants broaden their knowledge and skills in the area of HR practice with particular focus on:
Unit D1: Undertaking a Learning Needs Analysis
Unit D2: Contributing to the Process of Job Analysis
Unit D3: Supporting Change Within Organisations
Delivery, Duration and Location
The programme is delivered across three units by blended learning. Participants will be provided with access to workbooks, action learning sets, podcasts, videos and an interactive web site and will be required to attend a minimum of 3 days of workshops over the period September to November 2014. Participants will be assigned an individual tutor who will support the participants as they progress through the programme. Participants will be required to have an email address and internet access. Workshops will take place at the Institute of Public Administration in Dublin but can also be delivered in-house or on a regional basis where demand warrants this.
Unit D1: 24 September 2015
Unit D2: 29 October 2015
Unit D3: 26 November 2015
Assessment and Accreditation
The Diploma in HR Practice is accredited by the CIPD. There is no written examination for this programme. Assessment is by means of unit assignments the majority of which are written and where skills are being assessed these will be subject to workshop verification and assessment.
The fee per participant will be €800 (2015). Where 3 or more participants from the same organisation enrol on the programme a 10% discount will apply. The fee includes attendance at workshops, all IPA course materials, tutor support and refreshments. Individual CIPD membership fees are separate from the programme fee.
Bookings / Enquiries
Central Bookings Office
Institute of Public Administration, 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Tel: (01) 240 3666 | Fax: (01) 668 9135 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now (Application Form)