The 8th Governance Forum event for 2018 will take place on the morning of Thursday, 14 June between 8.00 – 10.30am at the IPA on the topic of Reputation Management and Media Relations. This event brings together three highly experienced practitioners to discuss the key building blocks of reputation management and protection for public bodies and public benefit entities and to consider how best to engage in effective media and wider stakeholder relations. Key questions to consider include:
- How do we effectively build, nurture and protect our organisational reputation?
- How do we build effective relationships with key influencers, including the media and Oireachtas?
- Are there any changes required in modus operandi in the context of the ‘fake news’ phenomenon?
- What needs to be done differently now given the influence and pervasiveness of “new (social) media” channels?
Our strong line-up is as follows:
- Dr. Kieran Fitzgerald, Commissioner, Garda Síochana Ombudsman Commission (GSOC)
- Elizabeth Arnett, Head of Corporate Affairs, Ulster Bank Plc (previously Head of Communications and Public Affairs at Irish Water)
- Feargal Purcell, Director of Public Affairs, Edelman Ireland (previously Government Press Secretary 2011-2017)
This promises to be a very interesting and informative event. It is open to Forum Members and non Members. Please see the brochure below for event cost and further details.
For further information or to book a place, please download the Brochure and Form here.