Innovation and Collaboration are at the heart of developing more cost effective, personalised and responsive public services as set out in Our Public Service 2020. This requires public service leaders to enhance their leadership capabilities to drive collaboration across organisations and their sectors.
We know that better ideas and improved outcomes come through collaboration but it is difficult to get it right. Leading such processes requires the deliberate development of:
- Right Mindset - to challenge own thinking, perspectives, worldview.
- Appropriate Skillset - to enable collaboration and innovation across the organisation.
- Supportive Toolkit - to develop capacity to collaborate and be innovative about services, processes and people engagement.
This is why our new series “Innovation and Collaboration for Growth” offers participants, over a number of seminars, an opportunity to focus on:
- Building a more open and collaborative mindset;
- Identifying requisite skills to create zones of innovation in their organisation;
- Expanding the use of tools to lead processes of effective problem solving.
The seminar format will vary according to the topic. We will integrate case examples, visiting speakers and input from participants to complement the IPA experience in this area as a way to stimulate fresh thinking and build a cohort of effective practice in the Irish Public Sector.