Position: Interim Director, Training & Development and Consultancy Services
Telephone: 00 353 1 240 3631
Philip is working with the IPA for 20 years and is presently Interim Director, Training & Development and Consultancy Services. Philip is also the Director of the key accredited programmes for local government staff and has responsibility for managing all the following services to the local government system:
- MA in Local Government Management (accredited by UCD)
- Diploma in Local Government Studies (accredited by UCD)
- Certificate in Local Government Studies (accredited by UCD)
- Certificate in Housing Studies (Accredited by UCD)
- Legislative Training Programme
- A-Z of Irish Local Government Seminar Series
- Training programmes for Local Authority Housing Practitioners
- Training programmes for Elected Members and members of Strategic Policy Committees (SPCs);
- Annual Conferences including Local Authority Housing Practitioners; Local Authority Vets; Local Authority Town Clerks; Local Government Directors Association (LGDA)
Philip works closely with the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government (DoECLG). For example, Philip was involved with the Department in designing and delivering a series of regional consultative seminars on the Green Paper on Local Government reform with senior departmental officials and the Minister of the Environment, Community and Local Government. Philip has also been involved in designing and delivering, in consultation with the DoECLG and the three elected member associations (AMAI; LAMA; and ACCC) a regional training programme for newly elected members.
Philip is responsible for managing a wide range of local authority housing practitioners training programmes and works closely with the DoECLG and the Housing Agency in the provision of these programmes.
Philip is a member of Fingal County Council’s audit committee and also chairs Louth County Council’s Audit Committee.
Prior to his current role, Philip worked as a Finance Specialist in the IPA’s Finance and Planning Unit where he was involved in the design and delivery of a wide range of financial management training and development and consultancy services across the public sector.
Philip has also considerable international experience, working for the IPA on a number of EU and Department of Foreign Affairs projects, as a Consultant and Trainer in the following countries: Gambia, Zambia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Latvia and Azerbaijan.
- D.B.A - Doctorate of Business Administration, Nottingham Trent University
- M.B.A, Fordham University/IMI
- B.A., Public Administration, IPA
- MMII (Member of the Marketing Institute of Ireland)