The Governance Forum at the Institute of Public Administration is a unique forum, established in 2007 to support good governance in public bodies and public benefit entities. Since that time, the Forum has grown considerably in its programme of events and supports to its members, which comprise a large number of government departments, state bodies, local authorities, higher education institutions and non-profit organisations.
The centrepiece of the Governance Forum is a 17-event programme over the course of the year, which includes a series of online webinars on topics of current importance along with in-person networking and training events. Our events bring together board and committee members, senior executives and department officials, and afford unique opportunities to learn from experts and network with peers on governance matters. Members also have access to the IPA Governance Team for ongoing advice and guidance and to the Forum website, which is a repository for reference material and event content.
The Governance Forum also has its own podcast series, In the Chair.
The benefits of Governance Forum Membership are:
- Access for Board/Committee members, senior executives and staff to a unique 17-event training programme
- Access for key office holders to the Chairpersons’ Network, Board Secretaries’ Network and the Audit & Risk Committee Chairs’ Roundtable
- Access to a valuable peer-to-peer Network of member organisations and key governance personnel
- Access to the IPA Governance Team for advice and guidance
- Access to the Governance Forum website and members’ area
- A 10%* discount on IPA Governance Advisory and Consultancy Services
Annual subscription is from January to December each year. Membership is on an organisational basis, and the fee for 2024 membership is: IPA Corporate Members - €4,950 and Non-Corporate Members - €5,695.
*Subject to an annual discount cap of €1,500
Forum Events 2024
View the Governance Forum 2024 Programme of Events here.
For details of Membership, please go to the Governance Forum Website.
If you require any further information, please contact Tom Ward at the IPA on +353 (0)1 240 3600. Tom would be delighted to discuss further ways of ensuring that the Forum Membership would bring significant benefits to organisations operating in the public interest.