Position: Human Resource Specialist
Telephone: 00 353 1 240 3600
Eoin is a Human Resource Specialist at the Institute of Public Administration (IPA), having joined the IPA in January 2020. He is co-Lead on the IPA CIPD Certificate and Diploma Programmes in HR and People Practice. Eoin previously worked for the Irish Defence Forces, spending thirteen years working in Ireland and abroad. After completing an MSc in Work and Organisational Psychology he transferred into the Defence Forces Office for Human Resource Management and Organisational Psychology in the Defence Forces Headquarters. Specific areas of Eoin’s expertise include: Interviewer Board Preparation and Interviewee Preparation courses, both face to face and online, and experience in the administration of psychometric cognitive ability testing and providing personality feedback reports to staff.
- Working extensively in the design and delivery of On-line Interviewee Preparation since joining the IPA;
- Administration of Psychometric Cognitive Ability Testing for Recruitment and Selection purposes and for internal selection competitions and Providing Personality Feedback Reports to Staff;
- Design and Delivery of Induction Training;
- Conducting Job/Task Analysis and Designing Competency Frameworks;
- Advising, assisting and goal setting for the Money Advice Budget Service clients;
- Retention surveys and has represented the Defence Forces to discuss this matter at the International Military Testing Association in Tallinn Estonia in 2019;
- Specific experience in qualitative focus groups in the areas of staffing issues;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research, designing exit interviews and employee engagement surveys using the data to inform senior management in Defence Forces Headquarters about cultural issues.
- MSc in Work and Organisational Psychology.
- Certificate in Psychometric Assessments in Occupational Ability and Personality Test User level A & B.
- BA in Psychology, Dublin Business School.
- CIPD Diploma in Learning and Development and CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Management.